Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thanksgiving

Remember God's bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude! ~Henry Ward Beecher



Jim and I had planned on visiting his Grandmother for Thanksgiving 2009 in Cornelius, North Carolina and the trip was more special than we had planned because Jim got to tell his Grandmother in person about our pregnancy. She is a twin as well! Jim's Aunt Linda has five girls- one set of fraternal twins, one singleton and one set on identical twins- perfect company for us to keep! We drove 16 hours to North Carolina...wow. This was my phase when I went from zero to starving to nauseous from being starving in about 5 minutes. On the way there I was starving about 15 minutes from the house, we ate two separate breakfasts by 10:30 AM! I also experienced my first real 'morning sickness' on this trip. I think it just took a lot out of me to be in the car that long. We drove clear across Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and stayed in Tuscaloosa Alabama for the night. The second day we just had a few more hours, mainly through South Carolina. If we ever go back I will NEVER order chicken and dumplings. No further comments.

We had a great time with his family, it couldn't have been better. Thanksgiving was lots of fun and we met so many of Jim's nice family members.













Grandma Ethel











We went to Savannah, Georgia for 2 days on the way home for our "baby moon" such a beautiful city. We did some shopping, sightseeing and took a trolley tour through downtown Savannah. We also went to Tybee Island, seeing the beach was a lot of fun.




Riverboat










Sightseeing Tour









Oldest and tallest lighthouse in Georgia









Tybee Island










Downtown Savannah








Shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment