Sunday, February 14, 2010

Christmas- 4 months

"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other." ~Burton Hillis

This Christmas was so much fun, we kept talking about what it will be like to have our babies next year, they'll be 6 months old for their first Christmas!

We drove to New Mexico to visit Jim's parents, I was a little apprehensive about another car trip, but I really wanted to see his family and I also knew that this would probably be our last trip for a LONG time. Drive time was about 10 hours and Dr Pepperell wanted us to stop every 2 hours to stretch my legs. Tank and Georgia really liked being able to get out and run around every few hours too :)

From Amarillo on it snowed continuously! So pretty to drive in the snow and listen to Christmas music. We also discussed baby names the whole way...

West Texas snow








We stayed in Jim's parents' new house- it only took 2 years for them to find it, but it really is perfect. I loved every detail!


The new home









Lynn, the artist, has the coolest stuff!









We also saw Jim's mom and Misty. We had a nice dinner with his mom and then opened presents together on Christmas Eve. We got some great baby items for Christmas- a new video camera, some clothes, sock and hats, receiving blankets and Lynn is going to make the boys their baby blankets. I can't wait to see them! I made Jim two picture frame ornaments with the boy's sonogram pictures too. I can feel the babies flutter, but not really kick from time to time now!


Jim, Mom and Misty







Jim, Lynn and Dad










Our 2009 Tree













When we got home we had some snow in Dallas which was fun. We celebrated New Year's with one of Jim's friends- Kirk at a party that they were having. I lasted til 9:30 and then we went home to have a sparking grape juice toast, life is really different now!

No comments:

Post a Comment