Tuesday, February 16, 2010

21 weeks

"The kind of man who thinks that helping with the dishes is beneath him will also think that helping with the baby is beneath him, and then he certainly is not going to be a very successful father." -Eleanor Roosevelt


Baby bump at 21 weeks!

Development update:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

I have been feeling great and have lots of energy...too bad I'm stuck inside all day everyday. The first two weeks of 'house arrest' were a little hard, mainly boring and uncomfortable. I can't sleep later than 8am and my back is starting to hurt. We got a great maternity pillow that I couldn't live without and a back massager to help. I told Jim that having flowers in the house would cheer me up:










He's been getting pretty creative ♥

I have had lunch with friends a few times too- Abby, Crystal and Ava and Erica. That way I can keep up with everything going on outside of my house!

Jim's birthday was Jan 24 and we went to a birthday dinner at Chuy's and he got a new camera with a bunch of high techy features = good camera to take baby pictures with. He also ordered baby monitors with a video screen and night vision....he really loves technology...we even tested them out in the dark laundry room.

My birthday weekend was actually a little busy! We went to the McKinney Chamber Awards on Friday night, Doctor Jim made me sit the entire night and brought my plate of food to me. I still fit in the dress I wore, just a big tummy! We had as good a time as possible at a work event that I couldn't drink at...


Sunday was the superbowl/ my birthday and we went to John Carver's superbowl party. Erica, Janet and Brian were all there and we had a good time. There was a very cute baby that we got to play with, Jim and I are constantly saying to each other, "we're going to have two of these..." doesn't quite seem real yet. Here I'm practicing talking to little boys, he wanted to know about every car I've ever had...

PS- Go Saints, Go Drew!

Jim set up some nice birthday things at the house for me and I got a few cakes (I certainly did not mind that!) some sweet cards, new scarf, maternity gift card, jewelry and baby stuff!

February 12, 2010 was our 10 year anniversary of Jim and I meeting for the first time and also the first day of my 6th month of pregnancy. We are very blessed to be where we are now ♥









These tulips were delivered on our anniversary
and these as well...

Red roses for Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment