We're taking an infant CPR and safety class at the hospital this week and next week. Lots of stuff to know about. They went over CPR, choking, pool safety and baby proofing the house. We also practiced with the car seats when we got home from class and they are really eas
I love this organizer that Crystal got me! You can write all the hospital and emergency numbers in it and read about everything you need to get ready. It's been really helpful. Jim has read a lot of good books too- he liked
We also went to a maternity store this week...omg...
I wanted to get a dress to wear to Tonia's baby shower this weekend and everything there was ummmm revolting. I think several of the dresses were worn by Dustin Hoffman in the movie Tootsie...I got some sleep clothes that I can use now and in the hospital and some pee pee tee pees! Erica told me about these and I have been looking for them. She told me that they made life a lot better when changing baby boy diapers :)
The boys have been kicking like crazy, Jim feels them every day now too. Sometimes I can look at my stomach and see it move from them too! It's hard for me to visualize w
Here's my new orchid:
It's so pretty, I've always wanted one. The care instructions say that they like being really dry and barely want to be watered at all...Good choice husband...
24 weeks Development:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. In the past few weeks, the top of mom's uterus has risen above her belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball!

1 comment:
Yay for the little active hamster corn ears! :) And I'm so proud that you both passed the parent IQ test-figuring out the car seats. Genius!
Post a Comment