Monday, February 15, 2010

Check list time

After the hospital stay I had doctor's orders to not do anything, but all I could think about was how much I had to do! What if I was in the hospital in a month? I needed to get some important things taken care of, stat!

First on the list- paint the nursery! This was obviously Jim's job, though I REALLY wanted to do it myself. He knocked it out over the weekend:











I also had been obsessing over strollers for a few weeks- double strollers are so difficult! They are either made for one kid and one baby (so only one car seat will attach) or they were just foul. Also they average about 30 pounds empty. Sigh...

Except my dream stroller, it was perfect....and $900. Plus the cost of the two (really expensive) matching car seats. But, craigslist to the rescue- I found a listing for my peg perego double stroller plus two car seats for a lot less. It looked great and you can wash every fabric piece. We checked it out on Sunday and brought it home to remain in our dining room...





The next weekend we registered at Babies R Us and Target. I think every pregnant woman looks forward to this and I really did not want to be in a wheelchair for the experience. We had a good time picking out everything, had a big lunch and got it all done in a few hours! So many cute things, I think I said "awh" a million times.

We moved up the shower date just in case- March 6th! Janet Cobbel, Erica Tate and Jessica Kasper are hosting it for me and I can't wait!! I have the best friends in the world :) We'll be at Erica's parents' house, which is beautiful.

Jim's parents are buying the cribs for us, such a blessing to have that covered! This is what they will look like:









Also, here is the start of the closet:

No comments:

Post a Comment