"Miracle in the making"December First was the end of the first trimester! As soon as we got home from our Thanksgiving vacation we saw our specialist. Our regular doctor couldn't tell if our twins were fraternal or identical so she sent us to the specialist, we also did genetic screening.
The babies looked great! They were the same size, had the same amount of fluid in each of their sacs and are.....IDENTICAL!
It was amazing for Jim and I to see their development- the doctor would show us everything- kidneys, stomachs, heart chambers, face, fingers, toes, bladders, so exciting!
Next big question- Boys or Girls??
At this point I was pretty sure that we were having girls, Dr. Pepperell said that she thought they were girls based on their high heart rates, "I have a feeling you'll be thinking pink!"
Also, at Thanksgiving all of Jim's relatives were girls, seriously there were like 4 guys that were family, everyone else was a girl or a husband!
So, the doctor asked us, "want to know the gender?" and just as we held hands and said yes he said, "BOYS." Jim was in heaven, I think the first thing he said out loud was "I'll never have to do yard work again" HAHA! I usually am really good at predicting baby genders!
2 boys


We seem to have a lot of this kind of picture, I'll only post one and save the rest for the boys' future girlfriends...
12 week development:
This marks the end of the 1st trimester (or the first 3 months of pregnancy) and the beginning of the 2nd trimester (the second 3 months of pregnancy). It has now been 70 days since your baby was conceived and they measure about 7.6 cm (or 3.04 inches) and weigh approximately 30 grams (about 1 ounce).Your baby's bones are now changing from being soft and flexible (made of cartilage) to being more hardened, as the centre of them 'ossifies'. Your baby is now capable of making creeping and climbing movements, although for most women their baby is still too small to be aware of them. Very fine whiskers of hair start to appear on your baby's upper lips and eyebrows.

No comments:
Post a Comment