"A baby in the house is a well-spring of pleasure, a messenger of peace and love, a resting place for innocence on earth, a link between angels and men." -Martin Fraquhar Tupper31 weeks today!
My weekly doctor appointment was yesterday- sonogram, non-stress test and visit. I met with a different doctor in the practice this time because Dr Pepperell was out delivering a baby. Next week I'm going to see another doctor as well so I can meet everyone just in case someone else ends up delivering for us.
They gave Nate and Alex 8 out of 8 points each for being so perfect. Their growth looks good, they are up to 3 pounds 9 ounces each. They gained half a pound in two weeks each, probably why I can barely move now...
The doctor said it was really rare to have identical twins that are sharing so well- their fluid levels are exactly the same and they have the exact same weights and even their heart beats were almost identical! I have no idea how we are going to be able to tell them apart....I asked the doctor to guarantee that they'll continue to get along so well for the next 18 years, but, sigh, she could only promise that they will for the next few weeks. Worth a try. These are the pictures from the sonogram yesterday- one of Nate's profile and their heart beats.
Jim put the high chair together last night, it's really pretty and goes well with the woo
Today is my mom's birthday and Sunday is Easter. My blood pressure is staring to creep back up so we'll probably stay in this weekend. Here's my Ea
The next two weeks are going to be pretty uneventful, I won't be going in to the office, just doctor appointments. Up till now I've been able to get out of the house for work stuff about once a week. Doctor Jim wants me to take a break now.
Last week we did a big IESI Earth Day poster contest-

we got the cutest posters back from kids from all the different McKinney schools. 8 of the winners will have their artwork blown up and added to huge panels on the recycle trucks! So cute. Here are the judges at work.
The changing table will help a lot with storage. I need to find some shelves for the walls, a small end table and a cute print to frame and hang. Then the nursery will be all done! We have a final list with about 10 more items and that's it! I can't believe it.
I saw Janet and Erica for lunch today! We had fun talking and eating. I've adjusted to staying in the house A LOT better than I thought I would.
31 week baby development:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment