"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible."
-Ruth Bell Graham
Day 7 & 8-Ruth Bell Graham
Alex wasn't looking so good on Saturday morning so they transferred him to a hospital with a higher level of care. Medical Center of Plano did a number of tests and x-rays and decided to take him into the OR to remove an infection in his intestine. The surgery went really well, they found a small hole in his intestine and his appendix was removed. They will monitor him this week to make sure that all signs of infection are gone. So far so good. A very scary, stressful day but I am so glad that everything is ok now. It's amazing how strong these little guys are.
Last night we stayed in the hospital all morning, went home at 3pm, back at 4pm, back home to get sleep clothes and let the dogs out at 7 pm, back at the hospital by 8 pm, surgery at 8:45 pm, a long, stressful 2 hours of waiting in the free sleep room that was provided by the hospital and then the surgery results. We grabbed something to eat, visited Alex and then went to Centennial to visit Nate at 2am and then home.
Nate was transferred to the same hospital today to make it easier on us and to have the boys together. Today Alex's tests and x-rays all looked good. We have to take it one day at a time but it's looking good for now. Nate has been doing great and we both got to hold him today.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day with good lab tests and x-rays.
We appreciate the good thoughts sent our way!
I wonder if he knew his brother was hurting? The nurse said he was a little extra fussy yesterday...The nurses at Centennial miss our boys already and have been calling the new hospital for updates! I really really liked all of them.
We held Nate a little tighter last night and we were by Alex's side up until the surgery and after. Love our tough boys so much.

2 comments:
Thank you for the update, sweet friend. I can't even imagine what you're both going through. Glad Alex made it thru surgery well and is doing better, and having Nate there with him will be so nice for you and Jim. I'm here for you if you need anything, just say the word. I hope in your downtime you can rest. Thanks for the info about calling, it's nice to know that. We all want to know what we can do to help and it sounds like right now, the best thing we can do is send good thoughts your way and get our updates via the blog. Whatever we can do to make it easier on you and Jim right now is the goal. Take care of yourself and keep drinking water like a camel. Thank you again for the update, I bookmarked this site so I can check for updates whenever you have time. As our favorite morning dj says... "keep looking up..." Love ya!
Oh my goodness. I'm so glad Alex is doing well after surgery, and I can't imagine how mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted you guys must be. You will all stay in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck taking care of yourself, each other, and those sweet boys. Sending thoughts of strength and recovery your way! Keep us updated with anything you guys want/need. Love you!
Post a Comment