Thursday, April 22, 2010

Double the trouble or twice as nice??

"It's double the giggles and double the grins, and double the trouble if you're blessed with twins." ~Author Unknown

Alex gazing at mommy
4/21/2010

Alex is doing so well with his feedings! He was getting an increase of 2 cc's every 3 hours and now they are increasing him by 3 cc's every 3 hours. He's a really calm and happy little guy, he doesn't fuss much for the nurses when they change him or take his temperature. He has more hair than his brother. He loves being swaddled and he loves his pacifier! The nurse had to weigh him 3 times last night because she couldn't believe how much weight he has gained, he's up to 4 pounds 11 ounces!







Here's Alex getting his milk dinner and relaxing after being held with brother.




















Nathan had his breathing cannula put back on while he was fighting his infection and they are planning on taking it off again today! He has been eating more and more and gaining weight. He loves his pacifier and is not a big a fan of being swaddled because he likes his hands out....and prefers his legs out too! He has chubbier cheeks than Alex. He REALLY hates to be weighed on the cold scale. He definitely lets you know how he feels. He loves taking a nap with mom and sleeping in his warm isolette.

Double trouble or twice as nice??

Aunt Erica visited the boys yesterday after we got some lunch together. It was awesome to be able to spend most of the afternoon at the hospital with the boys and I got to hold both of them! I'm going to start working on growing a few more arms...
Ps- I successfully text Jim while holding 2 babies, I should be in a blackberry commercial soon...

Dad met us at the hospital after work at 5pm and we got to go to sleep a little early last night.












This is one of the great NICU nurses and her intern. They said that they would come home with me to help out. They were serious, right??


I decided to add a tracker to the blog just because I was curious to see who all was looking at it. I told Jim about a friend that kept up with it that surprised me to see and he told me that he had probably sent it out to 100 people he works with (maybe talk about pumping less?). At first I started this blog so that I could remember everything that was happening during the pregnancy. My short term memory isn't so great (I blame diet coke) and I kept trying to remember things like 'did I know I was having twins when I was at that work conference?' Now I really like writing this blog and having a place to talk about everything that is happening. We are so focused on getting these boys big and strong and I have to remember that they are never going to be this little again!

Erica has sent me an Oprah's book club like list of blogs to read (thank you!) and one of my favorites is a mother of quadruplets' blog. One of her babies had the same surgery as Alex and it was really awesome to see his development compared to his siblings. They all are doing great! The cool thing is that she had her babies over 2 years ago so it was fun seeing all the pictures of them growing up.

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, she'll clear me to drive, yea! Then we'll see the boys tonight. I loved holding them together and looking from Alex to Nate to Alex to Nate...maybe Jim can hold them both tonight and I can try to get some more pictures of them together.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You guys and the boys look freaking fabulous! So glad you got to hold them both-and the texting skills-impressive! :)

Post a Comment