"Dont worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right...."
Alex is doing really well and is recovering from surgery. The surgeon is going to look at all of his x-rays and labs to make sure that there is no remaining infection. The nurses and doctors all think that he should be clear, so hopefully the surgeon will confirm this.
Life in the NICU is best described as '3 steps forward, 2 steps back' but I've been feeling really good about everything today.
We'll see the boys tonight and MAY already be able to hold Alex! Jim and I both sat with him yesterday and he had his eyes open looking at us.
Nate was doing well last night and we just found out that he is off his nasal cannula, so he is breathing completely on his own now! He has been getting more milk at every feeding so they
From here they'll be looking for the boys to be able to hold their temperatures on their own, take their feedings well and eventually be able to use bottles, be off oxygen and not have drops in their hear rates. No taking it easy for them, lots of work!
The boys both look so much like daddy! They have his long fingers, his blonde straight eye lashes and his nose and eyes.
It's so funny that after all of this I keep thinking how sweet my pregnancy was. I guess women forget all the bad, stressful and painful parts immediately and only remember the good parts. I really do not plan on going through this again, but it was a great time of our lives.
I can't help but think that some higher power has been looking out for us. This past year has been challenging but everything happens for a reason and I think that we are so much more able to deal with things now. Jim and I have been stronger together than ever before and I can really rely on him for help and support. I've been trying to count my blessings lately and I know that we have had some rough times but things could have been a lot worse. We are so lucky that we were at home the day of the delivery and were able to

1 comment:
Yay-I'm SO happy that Alex is recovering well and that Nate is progressing so fast. I know there's more work ahead, but those boys are doing awesome! And you guys too-things are looking up!
Post a Comment