Sunday, July 18, 2010

Out and about: first lunch out















"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
-Dr. Seuss


July 17: Alex left, Nathan right

We all had a great weekend together! On Saturday Stacey Hastings and Jennifer Irwin brought Baby Logan over. He's about the same age as the boys. Their play dates consist of them eating, crying and sleeping totally oblivious of each other. But we have fun. Jennifer is almost 3 months pregnant and her husband, Dan, was super excited to have her around 3 baby boys...he's really hoping it will rub off on her! We all had lunch and the boys all did well. I had a hair appointment after they left and then Jim and I had a quiet night at home with the boys.
We took the boys to the mall today and to lunch! It was the first time we have taken them out to a restaurant and they did great. Alex slept the entire time and Nathan was looking around and happy. He sat in my lap for a little bit and then Jim walked him around. He loved looking around at everything! We're trying to get out more and not stay cooped up in the house all the time. I can't wait for it to be fall so that we can go out more when it's not so hot! It's been around 100 degrees all week. Bleh.
I'm glad that Jim has had this time to spend with the boys. It's been a nice way for me to transition back into work. I've been with IESI for over 4 years now and my position originally was a new one handling the recycling marketing, PR, education and sales for our McKinney District. Over the years I have been doing more of the marketing collateral and PR for other divisions and I talked to my boss about where my job is now verses what it was 4 years ago. I am now going to handle the PR, marketing collateral and education for all of our Texas offices! I have new awesome design software now and I can drop the sales part of my job (which I liked the least). It was a little weird to come back to the office after I've been out so long- since the end of January. By the end of the week everything fell into place and I'm happy about my new job description.

Alex



























Nathan























































No comments:

Post a Comment