“He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” -Clarence Budington KellandThis is Dad's week to shine with the boys, he gets them all to himself-Week 1 of 2. I started back at work on Monday! My week has been a little off because my computer needed a software installation and my email stopped working. I worked from home half the day on Monday and then took the new car to Fort Worth to the corporate office on Tuesday. I got to use the navigation system which was awesome! It was kind of nice to ease back into work. I have the best, most flexible job ever!
Today was a doctor appointment day-Alex had a surgery follow up appointment and Dr Kadeski says he looks great! The best news was the lack of future follow up appointments. S

o glad to have all this over with and behind us. I had my last doctors appointment today right after Alex's. I've officially lost all my baby weight, very surprised to see that! On the flip side the boys are getting bigger by the minute! They are eating us out of house and home. At this point they are getting half milk bottles and half formula. My doctor tells me that it doesn't matter that they get formula, they still get my immune system antibodies from the milk. My parents stocked us up with a world war 3 amount of pre-made formula that we have been going through at an alarming rate. But all this eating has paid off- Alex now weighs just under 11 pounds and Nate weights almost 11 and

a half pounds! We really saw the difference when we tried all their 3 month outfits on them and they fit perfectly. Jim picked the 'Daddy's #1 Draft Pick' outfits out. Nathan is so heavy now to pick up! They have been eating so well and hardly ever barf all over us anymore. I think the Dr Brown bottles really are great and help a lot. They usually finish their milk in about 20 minutes now!
We'll have the 4 month visit with our pediatrician in about a month and talk about switching them from the neosure formula to another one. The neosure is packed with vitamins and is great for weight gain but it is totally expe

nsive and gives the boys truck driver gas. Like room clearing gas. We'll also talk to him about how many times a day they should be eating. We still have them on the 4 hour feeding schedule but the 1 am and 5 am feedings are slow because they want to keep sleeping. Last night we let them sleep and were planning on getting them up when they cried instead of waking them at 1am and 5 am. Guess when they cried: 1 am and 5 am. I guess they're good with the schedule...
I had another debilitating photo session with the boys yesterday. They hated it, I hated it and Dad

shook his head dissaprovingly the whole time. But look at how cute these pictures are!! So what if I had to delete 675843 of the ones where they were crying/moving/trying to run away...
They are looking so much older now! Their cute blonde hair is more golden now and their eyes are such a pretty blue. They're happy boys that love being held, eating and sleeping. They're the best ever :)

No comments:
Post a Comment