"My precious little babyI have loved you from the start
You are a tiny miracle
Laying closely to my heart
Each day I feel your presence
Each day you heart beats softly
As only I could know
So I’ll keep this in a special place
And remember each year through
Of this very special time in my life
The moment I carried you"
27 weeks and still kickin! Next Friday will be the first week of my third trimester/seventh month! I feel like I have been pregnant half my life...
We had our weekly doctor appointment and sonogram on Friday. We talked about the delivery with Dr Pepperell, just 10 weeks away! The next milestone will be 34 weeks, making it that far would be fantastic. 36 weeks would be even better and we would probably be able to take the boys home when I leave. That's our goal. 38 weeks would be the longest that I would go before she would induce. I will stay in the hospital for 3 or 4 days to recover from the C-section. No signs of early labor, not a single contraction yet! On Monday we have an appointment with with our specialist, Dr Zuretski. He will look at the boys' growth and check on my previa.
We met with a few pediatricians this week and found a great one- Dr Newton with Centennial Pediatrics. They have a new building that is about 5 minutes away from the house. The staff is great, they have separate waiting rooms for sick kids and healthy ones, an after hours call service and have great reviews from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Now that we have a pediatrician we were able to turn in all of our paperwork to the hospital. All done!
We got a baby carrier and bibs from Sarah Parker this week, the elephant humidifier and car seat protector mats from Carol and Galen Hargrave and the high chair from Janet, Jessica and Erica. We went to Babies R Us today to buy the rest of the necessities- sleep positioners, breathable bumpers, sheet savers and the diaper champ.

The local Mothers of Multiples groups have big sales every year in the Fall and Spring full of matching twin gear. I want to go to those and see if there is anything there that we need too.
I also want to order some personalized onsies with their names for their 'coming home from the hospital outfits' and baby bracelets (so we can tell them apart after the hospital). Mom made this onsie at the shower for little Alex or Nate.
Then I need to pick
out and supply a diaper bag!We are also planning on doing some maternity pictures that I need to schedule before I get to huge to move around! Spring is around the corner and it has been so pretty lately! All the bradford pear trees in the neighborhood have been blooming and the grass is starting to get green again! It has been about 60 degrees every day this week. So nice to have the windows open during the day.
Spring Tulips
27 week development:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on.

No comments:
Post a Comment