Our international headquarters are in Toronto and I was involved in some strategic planning meetings this week. It was a great work trip for me though it was mostly work with little time to see the city. I did have a huge Canadian flag directly centered in my hotel room window to remind me where I was. That and the 40 degree weather.
What did I learn about Canada?
Everything is in Kilometers and Celsius so your car says you are going 100 Km/hr and the car temperature is 25 degrees Celsius. Iced tea is always sweet, not everybody says "eh?', their cool flag has absolutely no meaning, maternity leave is a year (paid), healthcare is free once 40% of your earning go to taxes and legally everything in Canada has to be translated into French. Toronto is the New York of Canada and apparently most movies that take place in New York are actually filmed in Toronto. The people were really nice and it seemed like a slower pace with less stress in general. Supposedly, Canada is one of the best places to raise a family.
Also, I missed home so much during this trip! I couldn't wait to come home to my 3 boys. I think it actually gets harder to be away as the boys get older. They did love their mommy time tonight as well as their Sponge Bob and Patrick mini stuffed animals. I'm glad to be home don'y ya know, eh.

No comments:
Post a Comment