Briefly, after college Jim and I lived in Houston. Houston wasn't our ideal location for a few reasons (one being that my car was broken into 3 times in 9 months) but one area that I cannot fault is their restaurants. Every restaurant in Houston is good. A friend and I would lovingly refer to 'the trailer" as our favorite lunch place and it really was a trailer restaurant and it was good. Even if the restaurant was in a strip mall next to Target it was good. This is probably one of the reasons that Houston is always on the top 5 fattest cities in the US. Well, when Jim and I were in Houston we were young and free and ended up going out to dinner more times than we stayed in. We called one summer the summer of the enchilada because we were always going to Tex-Mex to order enchiladas. Today, if this summer was anything, it would be the summer of EAT EAT A Nana. Every morning the first thing the boys say is "EAT EAT a nana (banana)" and at night when they don't want to go to bed they yell out "EAT EAT a nana."
Two is a great age and I love the way that the boys are learning to talk, do things by themselves, help us with things and express themselves in general (NO! is actually an emotion in toddlers...). I am learning that they can understand everything I say and things I would say as a joke are actually done now, like last night when they were playing with Jim's flip flops (for the millionth time; I don't know why we buy them toys) and I said "go hit Daddy with his shoes" and they went off and did just that. They have been great at learning to share with each other and to "wait their turn". Nathan's version of sharing will often be "Alex, here's a boring toy that no one wants to play with, why don't you take this so I can play with the fun toy by myself" or "here's my cup, yours looks more full and I want that one now" but still the decrease in fights overall is nice.
 |
| Hitting Daddy with his own shoes while Daddy is reformatting my phone... |

 |
| Lucky Daddy gets more fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment