The boys have been talking so much and I love listening to everything they say now. I especially like the way they take so much information in and process it in their own ways. Here are some of my favorite memorable moments that have happened lately.
The boys learned (finally) that they won't get to try our sodas no matter how many times they ask. They finally understood this concept by realizing that diet coke is "Mommy juice" and they always bring me my drink if I leave it out now, with the announcement of "mommy juice mommy juice!"
We saw an animal on TV eating bugs the other day and I asked Alex, "Alex, do you eat bugs?" and he said "No. Eat. Bugs. Mommy." Now I ask them all the time if they eat bugs and they love saying that they don't. And yes, they probably think they have the least intelligent mother ever.
Nathan farted the other day and I said, "Nathan! Where did that come from??" and he said "Butt." and pointed, just to make sure that I understood.
Whenever the boys get hurt I always ask "do you need a mommy hug?" and now they'll come up and ask for a "mommy ug?"
They boys are super excited about circles. They talk about them all the time. Every morning on the way to school they say hi and bye to every circle they see.
They also love telling us the color of things and the other night they started telling us what color the traffic lights were. Nathan also decided to yell "White!" every time he saw a street light, which was every 2 seconds.
The boys can count to six now and they know all their colors, continents and shapes! More importantly, they also know all the names of the Mickey Mouse characters.
The other day Alex accidentally kicked me and I said, "Alex, be careful, you just hurt mommy." and Nathan walked up behind me and hugged me saying "mommy ug."
If I'm looking at a magazine the boys will point at every man and say, "Daddy" and every woman and say "Mommy." If a man has long hair then he is a "Mommy."
Listening to the boys in the morning on the monitor is hilarious. Alex always wants Nathan to climb out of his crib and get into mischief with him and he'll say, "Noni, up now!" and Nathan will say, "No up." and they'll go back and forth like that until Nathan gets out or Alex gets out and steals Nathan's stuffed animals and forces him to get out.
The boys like to pick out their own pjs, shoes and socks. They always want the sports or "ball" pjs and Alex always wants green shoes. Nathan wants black shoes and never ever wants the brown ones. Ever. They like to tell each other what they have on their shirts, like "Noni, red truck." They also love to bring their clothes to the laundry room to put in the dirty clothes basket, and sometimes they will fight over who gets what color clothes.
Nathan really enjoys sweeping and mopping. Mostly he mops the carpet and he spent at least 15 minutes sweeping our carpeted master closet the other day.
Such a fun time! I can't wait to see what swear word they learn first......

No comments:
Post a Comment