Thursday, February 9, 2012

22 months!


22 months!

The boys have been so good lately! 
They caught another cold as I was recovering from bronchitis so we had one bad week but everything is back to normal finally. The boys have their appetite back and have been doing so well with forks and spoons. They love practicing with them and will be eating on their own with forks very soon. They also have been sleeping really well and have been going to bed really well (for them). Alex has been a sleeping champ and Nate has been doing pretty well too. On weekends and days home with me they will go to bed around 7:30 pm and on daycare days they are in bed around 9 pm.  We have been carrying them less and letting them walk while holding our hands more. They love playing together and running around exploring together. When we're home we will leave the back door open and let them run in and out. They love their playhouse and sand box! They love going on either side of the window and looking at each other through it. I just bought a chicken puppet that they love! Alex sticks his tongue out at it so that he can see the chicken's tongue and Nate hands him things like blocks to put in his chicken mouth. They are really into climbing and I found Nate standing on an end table and today Alex stood up in his high chair....
They have been talking more and more! Nate loves to say "go" "Hi Tank!" "Hey! "Hi!" "thank you" and I think he's been trying to say "Alex" too! Alex says "Hi" "Hey" "kitty" "go" and he's been trying to say "Mickey." He also has been finding the one mickey dvd out of 50 others and handing it to me when he want to watch mickey mouse. They both shake their heads no at 70% of the things we ask them.  They're constantly testing us to see what they can get away with. They also are learning and remembering what they can do to get out of trouble. Alex bangs on the blinds (which drives us crazy) and we correct him every time. The other day he banged on the blinds and looked right at me. I told him "Alex NO!" He wrinkled up his nose and laughed. I said "Alex stop that, NO!" He wrinkled up his nose, laughed and starting stomp dancing. I laughed. He walked away happy. Sigh.  We're about to have 2 terrible 2's in the house!






"Just wait til we're two!"


No comments:

Post a Comment